March 28, 1962 ~ September 3, 2003
David Reed Aikens, 41; Attorney at Law
A bright light of great intensity was extinguished September 3, 2003 in the wee hours of the morning. David lived life with such vigor that he wore out all around him, but we all loved him very much, and we will miss him sorely. He was a kind and loving person, who conducted all aspects of his life with unbelievable energy and determination. It has been said that the only thing small about David was his stature; he was not a little person. What he lacked in height, he certainly did not lack in personality or humor. David loved small animals, rock n'roll music, toys of all kinds, ethnic food, racing, and fast cars, but above all he loved Christmas as his father before him. David attended El Segundo High School, UCLA, and Hastings Law School in San Francisco. He has been practicing law for at least the last 15 years on Torrance Blvd., in Torrance. David leaves behind his significant other of many years, Ree Gale, an adjunct junior college instructor, Florence Aikens, his mother, and Patricia Levoy, his stepmother.David moved to Torrance in 2002, when he discovered that the house he had been living in had toxic mold. During that period that David and Ree lived in that house, their health declined terribly, to the point that both wondered how much longer they would be able to work. The source of their health problems was not discovered until they had a house inspection done, in hopes of buying the house where they lived. Although their health improved after moving, neither was ever the same. David sustained permanent lung damage, and Ree will have to take medication for many years to come.Although most molds seem to be relatively harmless, some are deadly. It is nearly impossible to tell the difference. David and Ree both advise people to keep their roofs and plumbing in good repair, and to have any water damage cleaned up by knowledgeable professionals. Toxic mold is a serious and deadly problem. If moisture is allowed to accumulate, the insidious thief that steals the health of your loved ones may be silently growing in the dark within your walls or elsewhere. In David's memory, please keep your families well and safe. Services will be held Sunday, September 7, 2003 at 2:00 p.m. at White & Day Colonial Mortuary, Redondo Beach, CA.
Sign the Guestbook, Light a Candle